After upgrade: Strange behavior of plasmashell

Hello,

i am on debian-sid and my last update with breeze on hold was eight days ago.
Today i did a "apt-get upgrade", still with breeze on hold. After the upgrade
kwin crashes so i set the breeze packages to unhold and did an upgrade again.
After this, i could login, kwin didn't crash anymore, and everything seems to
behave as expected.

With one exception: The plasmashell itself behaves very strange. It is started
decorated, having a titiebar, a window-frame, and close and minimize buttons.
I am able to move this window (containing the plasmashell) around on the
desktop. It looks like, the plasmashell is not started as a root-window
anymore.

I have also tried to login to a total fresh user-account with the same
behavior - the plasmashell gets started as a "normal" window.

Did anybody notice the same behavior, and did anybody now the reason for this
strange behavior?

Kind regards
Volker