Re: GCC 5 transition

Hi,

Am Dienstag, 11. August 2015, 02:47:12 schrieb anxiousmac@gmail.com:
> A week ago I stupidly upgraded my unstable amd64 system whilst half asleep
> (muon does not seem as insistent on warning you about potential removals),
> losing kontact, muon and a few other things.
>
> I was also affected by the need to downgrade breeze to get the desktop to
> boot.
>
> I can see enormous amounts of work going on on the qt-kde mailing list, so
> this is not any sort of a complaint, but does anyone know how long it might
> be before I can reinstall the lost packages?
>
> I have been quite good at fixing my unstable problems over the years, but
> this one has me a bit beaten. Do I still need to hold the breeze packages
> too?

Just a few notes by me:

1) only do apt-get upgrade, no dist-upgrade until dist-upgrade does not want
to remove any packages you care about anymore.

2) keep breeze at 5.3.2-1:

martin@merkaba:~> cat /etc/apt/preferences.d/apt-listbugs

Explanation: Pinned by apt-listbugs at 2015-08-09 20:43:36 +0200
Explanation:   #794581: /usr/bin/kwin_x11: crashes when starting first window
Package: breeze
Pin: version 4:5.3.2-3
Pin-Priority: 30000

3) If Amarok, Digikam or other Qt4 applications that use phonon crash on start
and you use phonon VLC backend, try to switch to gstreamer, if that doesn´t
work, it didn´t here, remove phonon vlc backend packages temporarily. This
helped here. See bug

794937: Applications crash with phonon-backend-vlc

Ciao,
--
Martin