Re: GCC 5 transition

  Hi:

El Martes, 11 de agosto de 2015 02:47:12 anxiousmac@gmail.com escribió:
> A week ago I stupidly upgraded my unstable amd64 system whilst half asleep
> (muon does not seem as insistent on warning you about potential removals),
> losing kontact, muon and a few other things.
>
> I was also affected by the need to downgrade breeze to get the desktop to
> boot.
>
> I can see enormous amounts of work going on on the qt-kde mailing list, so
> this is not any sort of a complaint, but does anyone know how long it might
> be before I can reinstall the lost packages?
>
> I have been quite good at fixing my unstable problems over the years, but
> this one has me a bit beaten. Do I still need to hold the breeze packages
> too?
>
> anxiousmac

  I'm currently awaiting for a big upgrade in sid. I'm not doing this upgrade
(that looks you did) because doing it would remove kdepim. Probably others
would be removed as well but keeping kdepim is a must for me.

  As far as I can see this is a consequence of the gcc 5 transition. More
specificaly, current libstdc++6 (5.2.1-15) breaks libkolabxml1 which is a
dependency kdepim in the end relies on.

  If I'm correct, it has already been reported that libkolabxml1 copes with
libstdc++6 but until gcc-5 package is updated considering this fact you won't
be able (easily) to upgrade any package that depends on gcc-5 including kdepim
dependencies.

  So still waiting.

  HTH,

--