Re: Systray plasma 5

Hi everyone,

>>  An other subject, I have hp toolbox complaining about the lake of systray in
>>  plasma5.
>>
>>  I have seen some blog post's explaining the new plasma status model, but
>>  only kde/plasma apps are adopting that...
>>
>>  Is there any solution to have the bad and ugly old solution to make old
>>  application or not kde/plasma apps to work ?
>
> According to http://blog.martin-graesslin.com/blog/2014/06/where-are-my-systray-icons/
> the wmsystemtray application could provide an XEmbed based systemtray.

As for me wmsystemtray and stalonetray looks quite ugly. I would recommend to
try lxpanel. It may be even used instead of plasma panel.

Personally I use plasma panel + lxpanel [1][2] with own plasma theme [3].

[1] http://kde-look.org/CONTENT/content-pre1/112767-1.png
[2] http://kde-look.org/CONTENT/content-pre2/112767-2.png
[3] http://kde-look.org/content/show.php/Serious?content=112767

Plasmoids were added on desktop only for screenshots. Unfortunately they are
currently unusable due to too high CPU usage (about 30-50% of each CPU core).

Hope this helps.

Best wishes,
Boris