Re: sddm versus kdm

On Monday 03 August 2015 00:12:37 David Baron wrote:
> On Sunday 02 August 2015 13:48:57 Jimmy Johnson wrote:
> > >
> > > KDM is dead upstream, SDDM is alive.
> > >
> > > I think that's the simplest way of summing it up.
> > >
> > > /Sune
> >
> > Sune that's the second time you have posted that, I don't view it as
> > being helpful.  It seems to me that KDM is only missing a systemsetting
> > module/plugin in order to work properly with plasma 5.

A display manager is a security-sensitive piece of software, an obvious point
of attack. If it doesn't have upstream support, you should not expect security
problems to be fixed. So I think Sune is right: Upstream support is a critical
feature for a display manager. If KDM doesn't have it, that's reason enough to
drop it and move on.

Shai.