Re: plasma5 install removes kontact

On 01/08/15 03:42 PM, Rob Brewer wrote:
I installed kde-plasma-desktop today with synaptic on sid and plasma
seemed to be working OK until I carried out a dist-upgrade which seems
to have removed kontact.

All my attempts to re-install kontact seem to result the error "Unable
to correct problems, you have held broken packages".

Any suggestions on how to install kontact as I am a bit lost without my
email client.

Rob

I do not recommend using sid packages if you aren't comfortable with losing packages, data, etc.. Stick to the stable or testing branches instead.Testing is fairly recent but with the advantage that the packages have passed some basic testing so they should work with the rest of your system.