Re: plasma5 install removes kontact

On Saturday 01 August 2015 20:42:57 Rob Brewer wrote:
> I installed kde-plasma-desktop today with synaptic on sid and plasma
> seemed to be working OK until I carried out a dist-upgrade which seems
> to have removed kontact.
>
> All my attempts to re-install kontact seem to result the error "Unable
> to correct problems, you have held broken packages".

Do "aptitude install cpp/testing g++/testing gcc/testing gcc-5-base/testing"
and let aptitude offer suggestions until you get a good offer.
The problem is the installation/transition to gcc5 which started recently and
you need to downgrade various package to their pre-gcc5 versions.
After that you should be able to re-install kontact again.

I'm not very familiar with "apt-get dist-upgrade", but aptitude safe/full-
upgrade will tell you when it wants to remove a (whole) bunch of packages ...