Where are the KDE "Standard shortcuts" settings stored?

I have a weird problem with KDE Plasma right now. I'm using kubuntu vivid.
sorry if I need to post to a  kubuntu form and not here.

KDE programs crash or do not work properly if i use one particular login,
but I can not reproduce these issues with a newly created user and KDE settings.

I first cleared a lot of stuff out of ~/.kde/share/config including plasma*.
Later, I tried renaming the .kde directory to something else. Still the problem persists.

Here are the symptoms.

I run Qt Assistant  and hit Ctrl+F: I get an error dialog:
   Ambiguous Key Assignment exists. Please configure your shortcuts.

I go to "System Settings - Shortcuts"
  I try to redefine Ctrl-F and the shortcut configure window crashes.

ALso, I invoke certain shortcuts from Konsole that used to work (Ctr+PgUp and Ctrl+PgDn) and now they cause the Konsole window to crash.

These symptoms happened after a recent upgrade to KDE5.