Re: Transition to KDE 5 in testing : some glitches...

I just spent the last 5 hours in dependency hell while trying to figure out how to upgrade to Plasma 5 during a dist-upgrade on Sid. Horrible.

My system is somewhat coherent again after a bunch of searching for things.

As far as sound goes, I needed to install kmix to get the volume control buttons on my laptop functional again, and pavucontrol to have a nice GUI to switch audio sinks. I hope that solves your 2nd issue.