Re: SDDM lost display monitor

On Sunday 19 July 2015 21:08:31 Jimmy Johnson wrote:
> I use the Nvidia driver and I moved from KDM to SDDM and lost the
> display monitor after login, I got a bright colored out of focus desktop
> and then the display signal was gone. I installed KDE LightDM and all is
> well. Any idea what could have happened to cause the display to be lost?

Can't answer this but I tried ssdm. Did work but a major difference from kdm is
that I can control kdm fully from a command line. If something is awry, I can
stop and restart kdm and usually be OK. Ssdm did not "stop," so the only out
was a reboot. For now, I would not recommend ssdm.

BTW, these can coexist. Do a reconfigure to set to different display manager.