Re: Re: Which packages for Plasma 5?

On Friday, 17 Jul 2015 21:01:20 Martin Steigerwald wrote:

> And yes, some metapackages kde-full and kde-standard will have to go for

>now. The update is not atomic. I bet they can be installed at a later time

>or may even be replaced by something like plasma-full and plasma-standard.

>Remember you are using unstable. And the Debian Qt/KDE team is quite small.

>Give it some time till completion. Or help.

Hi.

I'm a user of Debian testing (and KDE). How would this switch to Plasma 5 affect testing? Will it be not atomic either and it's recommended to pause updates for testing now to avoid semi-broken state, or in testing this should normally happen in more consistent fashion? And if the former, what would be an indicator that accumulated update is consistent enough?

Thanks!

Hillel Lubman.