Re: Which packages for Plasma 5?

Am Freitag, 17. Juli 2015, 19:03:34 schrieb Volker Wysk:
> Hi!

Hi.

> Plasma 5 has made its way to unstable, and I want to try it. Which Debian
> packages do I need to install?
>
> I've installed plasma-desktop, but then I couldn't log in to KDE any
> longer. Good thing that I've made a backup of the system with Systemback.
>
> kdm is still at version 4:4.11.13-2, in unstable.

Please read the thread "So I have a Plasma 5 desktop". It has all been
discussed there.

You need at least: sddm, plasma-desktop, plasma-workspace. You also need kio
and kwin-x11, dunno whether dependencies have been updated.

And yes, some metapackages kde-full and kde-standard will have to go for
now. The update is not atomic. I bet they can be installed at a later time
or may even be replaced by something like plasma-full and plasma-standard.

Remember you are using unstable. And the Debian Qt/KDE team is quite small.
Give it some time till completion. Or help.

Thanks,
--
Martin