Re: So I have a Plasma 5 desktop!

With plasma-desktop, plasma-workspace, kio and kio-extras packages everything is working and major flaws are gone (thanks for the advices). I like the work the packagers have done and I'm loving Kf5 as much as KDE4 that is/was a great DE.

On Sunday 12 July 2015 10:43:28 Sune Vuorela wrote:
> On 2015-07-12, Michael Schuerig <michael.lists@schuerig.de> wrote:

> > * Folder View for the desktop doesn't seem to work. Originally, I
> > was
> > able to choose "Folder View" somewhere in Desktop Settings and
> > indeed
> > the contents of ~/Desktop were shown on the desktop. After another
> > update, the setting disappeared and Layout is fixed at "Desktop".
>
> What do you mean by "originally" and "another update" ?

After first updating to Plasma 5, I was able to select "Folder View" for
the background. Then, after installing some more new packages and
rebooting, "Folder View" wasn't available anymore. I think I did
something with activities, too. Right now, I have exactly one activity.

> And I'm pretty sure that everything plasma5 haven't landed in unstable
> yet, but if the issues you have mentioned are the biggest ones
> around, I'm so far pretty happy about the state of things.

Indeed.

Michael

--
Michael Schuerig