Re: So I have a Plasma 5 desktop!

On 2015-07-12, Michael Schuerig <michael.lists@schuerig.de> wrote:
> * ksysguard (panel) widgets. I thought these little graphs were really
> useful. In my case, I had them for overall CPU utilization, network I/O,
> and temperature.

I think I read that the graphs are coming back upstream.

> * Skype and others don't show up in the system tray any more.
> Apparently, I need to install sni-qt which isn't packaged, yet. See
> https://forum.kde.org/viewtopic.php?f=289&t=124670

I don't expect sni-qt4 and a heavily patched qt to land in debian
anytime soon.

> * Folder View for the desktop doesn't seem to work. Originally, I was
> able to choose "Folder View" somewhere in Desktop Settings and indeed
> the contents of ~/Desktop were shown on the desktop. After another
> update, the setting disappeared and Layout is fixed at "Desktop".

What do you mean by "originally" and "another update" ?

> * The Veromix plasmoid doesn't work anymore and there doesn't seem to be
> a suitable replacement to control PulseAudio from a panel.

All plasma widgets needs to be updated for plasma5. That's just how it
is. Better tell the upstreams of your favourite 3rd party plasma widgets
that they better get started.

And I'm pretty sure that everything plasma5 haven't landed in unstable
yet, but if the issues you have mentioned are the biggest ones around,
I'm so far pretty happy about the state of things.

/Sune