Re: So I have a Plasma 5 desktop!

I had placed a script in .kde/env to get locally compiled plasmoids on board
in QT_PLUGIN_PATH. Plasma-5 is not exercising this.  My env is:
QT_PLUGIN_PATH=/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/qt5/plugins:/lib/kde5/plugins/

So ...
Locally compiled plasmoids are in kde4 folders.
Currently missing more more functional versions of installed plasmoids are in
kde4 folders.
Only the few newly installed ones,  many very limited, are in kde5 folders!

Safe to make a .kde/Autostart of get the .kde/env script to run and append
such these folders to QT_PLUGIN_PATH env?