Re: So I have a Plasma 5 desktop!

Am Donnerstag, 9. Juli 2015, 10:58:47 schrieb Luc Castermans:

> Op do 9 jul. 2015 12:09 schreef Marco Valli <marco@bastardi.net>:
> > In data giovedì 9 luglio 2015 09:28:53, Martin Steigerwald ha scritto:
> > > One time Cc to Maxy (please remove on replies).
> >
> > Plasma 5 works great here. Tnx a lot to Suone, Maxy and the others
> > Debian
> > KDE
> > guys.

> How to get it? Which sources.list is required?
> Can you share via Debian wiki.

Use Debian Sid + Experimental. apt-get dist-upgrade -u. Look closely at what
gets removed.

In case it wants to remove kdenetwork, kdemultimedia and kdeedu, you can try
to install-upgrade them to KDE Applications 14.12 versions by using apt-get
-t experimental. But it may deinstall your KDE SC 4.14. So it may be better
to do it afterwards and let it remove it temporarily. I did it from running
KDE SC 4.14 desktop. It may be safer to do this on TTY1 :)

Make sure kwin-x11 is installed.

Also upgrade kdegraphics with Okular, Gwenview, … (is at 14.12) and kde-
baseapps with Dolphin, Konsole, … (is at 15.04) to experimental versions

Make sure sddm is installed, but I bet it will. I am not sure whether its
mandatory, but for an integrated experience, select sddm as display manager
(dpkg-reconfigure sddm).

Log out. Log in with Plasma Workspace as session.

If you do not want experimental, wait a bit longer for upload of packages to
unstable.

I won´t do any wiki page at this time and preliminary stage. This is still
just for early adopters. And once all stuff is in Sid my experimental hints
are outdated.

Ciao,
--
Martin