Re: Getting Locally Compiled Plasmoids to Show Up

On Tuesday 07 April 2015 00:10:21 Lisandro Damián Nicanor Pérez Meyer wrote:
> On Monday 06 April 2015 18:06:51 David Baron wrote:
> > Running 64-bit Sid.
> >
> > My plasmoids (and runners) compile fine, but do not show up. Cannot figure
> > out why. Worked before.
> >
> > There is a QT_PLUGIN_PATH env which does not include /usr/local/lib/kde4
> > which these install. Could not find where this gets set.
> >
> > Any ideas or is this the problem at all?
>
> QT_PLUGIN_PATH is indeed used by Qt, but setted by KDE somehow. It might not
> be a bad idea to also add usr/local to it, but I'm pretty sure this should
> be discussed upstream.

With the /usr/local, they still do not show up. However, the /usr/local is
shown in a terminal window, might not be active when plasma-desktop starts.

MORE: I set a startup script to append the path "before kde startup." It
actually prepended it with a leading ':'--in other words, "before kde
startup," there was no such env item, so appended to blank and then the usual
env item was appended to this. Incorrect.