Re: How to view audio CD in Dolphin/Konqueror?

Martin Steigerwald wrote on 01/16/2015 11:34 AM:

>> The first of these is "open with file manager". But when I select this
>> option, Dolphin starts with the address "audiocd:/%3Fdevice=/dev/sr0" and
>> the message "Could not read".
>>

>> What do I need to do to have dolphin (or konqueror, which I prefer) open the
>> CD correctly?
>>
>> (If I execute the command 'dolphin "audiocd:/%3Fdevice=/dev/sr0"' from the
>> command line, the same thing happens; no error messages appear.)
>
> Do you have kdemultimedia-kio-plugins or in Jessie/Sid kio-audiocd installed?

Yes, kdemultimedia-kio-plugins is installed.

Is there somewhere I can look for some kind of error message that might be
more informative than the simple "could not read" (which doesn't immediately
make a lot of sense to me, since VLC and k3b can read the CD just fine; maybe
"audiocd:/%3Fdevice=/dev/sr0" isn't the right pseudo-address for
dolphin/konqueror to access the CD, but that's what comes up when I click
"open with file manager").

  Doc

--
Web:  http://www.sff.net/people/N7DR