Re: kmail email filtering only works sometimes

On Monday, 2014-10-13, 16:41:58, john Culleton wrote:

> When the switch was made from KDE3.5 to KDE4 I
> struggled with KDE and kmail for a while but
> ultimately adopted the XFCE GUI and also Claws
> Mail. Thus far I have seen no compelling reason
> to go back to KDE or its utilities like kmail. The
> folks developing KDE have failed to note a
> classic virtue of *nix, that of separating
> functions into discrete programs.

That sound confusing.

You mean that the classic unix virtue of separating functions into discrete
programs as used by KMail2's architecture is not viable for end user programs?

And that a more monolithic approach of having everything in one program works
better and should have been used like in Claws?

> Another permanent casualty of the move from KDE
> 3.5 to KDE 4 was the excellent web design tool
> Quanta Plus. It has been replaced by a general
> purpose IDE given the same name of Quanta Plus.

Are you sure?
As far as I know there is no Qt4 port of Quanta+

There was some initial effort to consolidate the forked code with the original
project, but funding dried out.

Cheers,
Kevin