Re: pm-suspend and KDE sleep

Am Mittwoch, 16. Juli 2014, 19:03:14 schrieb Kevin Krammer:
> On Wednesday, 2014-07-16, 16:58:25, Diederik de Haas wrote:
> > On Wednesday 16 July 2014 14:13:54 Sune Vuorela wrote:
> > > Have you the systemd-shim package installed?  Did you actively select it
> > > at some point?
> >
> > Yes I have (see below), but I have not actively selected/installed it.
> > Dunno why it's not marked as automatically installed though.
> > OTOH you probably don't want an init system marked as such :-P
>
> It is marked A here but I haven't updated for a couple of weeks.
>
> Does anyone know which upgrade will trigger the switch to systemd proper?

At the moment in sid it will.

systemd-shim does not yet provide cgroups functionality which some systemd
services will need and systemd 208 just entered unstable. systemd 208 has new
unified cgroup stuff and I think at least logind depends on it. Thus upgrading
right now on my system would do:

The following packages will be REMOVED:
  libfuse-dev libglib2.0-dev libgvc5 libpcre3-dev libpulse-dev libsdl-
image1.2-dev libsdl-ttf2.0-dev libsdl1.2-dev libselinux1-dev sysvinit-core
  gnuplot-data libcdt5 libcgraph6 libgvc6 libgvpr2 libsdl2-ttf-2.0-0 systemd-
sysv

I do not yet feel comfortable with it, cause I still liked that I can do

init=/sbin/init

in any cases where systemd wouldn´t boot. I can´t do this after this update
anymore.

See

https://bugs.debian.org/752939

which has better explainations. I am not sure I fully understood it all.

LOL, now even here systemd related thread.

Please let us keep it civil :)