Re: pm-suspend and KDE sleep

Am Montag, 14. Juli 2014, 23:39:01 schrieb Diederik de Haas:
> On Monday 14 July 2014 22:01:03 Rainer Dorsch wrote:
> > my scripts in the /etc/pm/sleep.d are not executed anymore when running
> > KDE
> > sleep. When running pm-suspend from the cmd line the problem is not there.
> > Does anybody know if KDE does not use pm-utils anymore for suspend and
> > resume for some reason?
>
> I've reinstalled pm-utils, but I still don't have any scripts in /etc/pm/* .
> Do you know how you got them?

I told pm-utils to use in-kernel-hibernate long time ago and this still works
just fine:

merkaba:~> cat /etc/pm/config.d/sleepmodule.conf
SLEEP_MODULE=kernel

Also when triggered from KDE.

> Hibernate does not work at all on my machine anymore.

Do you have a file /run/do-not-hibernate or /var/run/do-not-hibernate laying
around?

> So all I'm really saying is that hibernate and suspend don't work properly
> on my KDE system (haven't tried another DE, no plans either) and haven't
> for (quite) some time.
> I'm using Sid.

Works like a charm here.

Also sid.