Re: pm-suspend and KDE sleep

On Wednesday 16 July 2014 13:23:50 Sune Vuorela wrote:
> On 2014-07-16, Michael Schuerig <michael.lists@schuerig.de> wrote:
> > On Wednesday 16 July 2014 12:34:58 Sune Vuorela wrote:
> >> But nowadays, systemd is the default.
> >
> > Is it? On my main computer, I run a regularly updated sid and nothing
> > there has replaced sysvinit, so far. Also, I just installed a VM from
> > the current jessie alpha 1 installer and I still got sysvinit.
>
> I don't know if the installer is fixed yet, but on all my systems, I
> have been automatically switched to systemd.

I'm in the same boat as Michael Schuering and I haven't been switched either.
I now do have various systemd related packages installed, but I'm not
switched.

> And judging by the flamewars in various forums, I'm not the only one
> being switched.
> But it is decided that the default for jessie is systemd.

Then 'things' (*) should really be fixed soon so that all sid users are
actually switched to systemd soon.
One of the reasons I'm running sid is to help weed out issues before they get
to testing/jessie.
So an important switch as the init system really should have some time being
tested, especially considering the freeze is likely/planned to happen within 6
months from now (afaik).

(*) dunno what 'things' are though
--
GPG: 0x138E41915C7EFED6