debian kde will not install deb from dolphin by default

Hi all.
I'm asking here before writting a a bug report, to check if it is 'by design', and, if it is, why. I just made a fresh wheezy install and choose kde as the desktop environment from the installer. After the first boot, I did download google-chrome from the website, and tried to install it, without success. I did test this, because I'll make this install to a friend, to replace his Window XP. I did check that, for being able to install something from the UI, with a double click, I must install gdebi-kde.
Why is that not installed by default ?

Thanks in advance.
Regards

--