Re: Quick was to switch screen saver and screen energy saving?

system settings > Power management > Screen energy saving

On Tue, Apr 1, 2014 at 8:06 AM, Michael Schuerig <michael.lists@schuerig.de> wrote:

In the last couple of days I've been watching several longish videos on
the web (purely technical content, of course). After a couple of minutes
the screen saver kicks in unless I prevent it through gratuitous mouse
fumbling. So I went to System Settings and disabled auto start of the
screen saver. Later on my monitor goes completely blank as screen energy
saving does its job, otherwise laudable.

Is there a simple way to tell KDE to please keep my screen turned on?
Older versions of Power Devil had profiles that might have been useful
for this (although I'm not sure whether the screen saver was
controlled). Current Power Devil ties in with activities, but that
doesn't seem like a good fit in this case.

Michael

--
Michael Schuerig
mailto:michael@schuerig.de