Re: What's up with the new Network Manager?

On Saturday, 2014-03-29, 08:46:08, Facundo Aguilera wrote:
> On Sat, Mar 29, 2014 at 5:57 AM, Ritesh Raj Sarraf <rrs@researchut.com>
wrote:
> > That version of Plasma NM has worked the best so far. I use the same.
> >
> > 14:26:49 rrs@zan:/tmp$ apt-cache policy plasma-nm
> >
> > plasma-nm:
> >   Installed: 0.9.3.2-3
> >   Candidate: 0.9.3.2-3
> >
> >   Version table:
> >      0.9.3.3-1 0
> >
> >         101 http://ftp.debian.org/debian/ experimental/main amd64 Packages
> >
> >  *** 0.9.3.2-3 0
> >
> >         990 http://ftp.debian.org/debian/ testing/main amd64 Packages
> >         500 http://ftp.debian.org/debian/ unstable/main amd64 Packages
> >         100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
>
> I had a similar problem. I solved it by removing the problematic
> connections and creating them again.
> In addition, after suspend Network Manager does not work any more and
> I need to restart the nm service, but this is a different problem.

I am on Debian Unstable, slightly different version, but this one works great.

I suspend my laptop while travelling and at home during the night and it
always reconnects properly, wired LAN and WLAN (even crappy hotel ones)

Since I am not on stable I did not dist-upgrade from whatever I had before,
but NM knew all my connections, including mobile broadband ones, with their
login credentials.

Cheers,
Kevin