Re: CD rip using Konqueror/Dolphin?

Am Donnerstag, 13. März 2014, 09:08:16 schrieb D. R. Evans:
> Sune Vuorela said the following at 03/13/2014 08:55 AM :
> > On 2014-03-13, D. R. Evans <N7DR@arrl.net> wrote:
> >> I've tried entering various obvious possibilities into the URL bar of
> >> Konqueror, but none of them reads the CD and presents me with the list
> >> of=
> >>
> >> virtual directories that I'm used to.
> >
> > is kio-audiocd installed?
>
> Magic! Thank you. (It's actually the package kdemultimedia-kio-plugins that
> has to be installed. Not sure why it's not installed by default, but anyway
> that did the trick.)

Does it work for you?

With KDE SC 4.12.3 and some earlier versions and probably since udisks2 I
couldn´t get it to work for me anymore.

There have been wierd permission issues and then the Audio CD simply not
appearing in Dolphin. Even in K3b I had issues. As far as I remember I was not
able to use the internal laptop DVD burner with K3b, just the external due to
some permission stuff.

I didn´t dig deeper at that time, after I found it would work with the
external drive, cause I didn´t want to take the time at that time and a quick
look at it told me that /dev/sr0 had correct ACLs for my user set.

I currently feel a bit confused on where to look and what to check for the
root cause of this, but I have a week of holiday now and I am feeling to look
into this, as Kio AudioCD is my preferred way to rip audio CDs and I have a
pile of CDs to rip here.