Re: Device notifier strangeness

On Thu, 13 Mar 2014 09:32:13 -0400
Brad Alexander <storm16@gmail.com> wrote:

Hello Brad,

>Ah. So on one hand, I'm glad it worked...But on the other hand, I can't

Good news.   :-)

>help wondering why I had to do it on the desktop and not the laptop.

No idea, TBH.  I had to do it on two desk top and two laptop machines
here.

>Both are running udev 204-7, and both are on kernel 3.13-1-amd64 #1 SMP
>Debian 3.13.5-1.

>> To make it permanent, add that same command to /etc/rc.local
>Can that be set in sysctl.conf? Is there a sysctl-like equivalent for

TBH, I don't fully understand all of this stuff, but I think so.  It
takes a slightly different form (if I understand it properly), but if
you follow the link Edward gave
<http://ignorantguru.github.io/udevil/#polling> you'll be able to see
how it's done.

>the /sys pseudo filesystem?

Yes.  Again, see the page Edward linked to.

--
 Regards  _
Never much liked playing there anyway