Re: KDE 4.12.2

On Fri 07 Mar 2014 04:11:48 PM Diederik de Haas wrote:
> On Friday 07 March 2014 14:42:03 David Goodenough wrote:
> > Any idea when it might hit sid?  It would be really nice to get all the
> > bug
> > fixes that 4.12 is supposed to have for kmail as the 4.11 one is driving
> > me
> > round the bend.
>
> What's stopping you from getting the packages from experimental?

If its anything like my reasoning... I place a fairly high level of trust in
the debian-kde team's decision making in when to push things up to sid.

I was very happy that kdepim was held back for so long. I just wish it was
possible they could have held back longer. I had to completely re-configure
my mail setup so I could switch to IMAP+sieve over my old POP3+kmailfilter
setup because kmail2's pop+filtering support seems to be broken in several
ways.

I just wish akonadi+kmail didn't use up so much extra ram and cpu time over
kmail1. Especially when using pop and keeping messages on the server. It seems
to sit and download ALL message headers then decide which messages to download
after. My main account would take minutes to actually fetch new messages from
because of that, all the while spinning one or two cores at 100%.

--
Thomas Fjellstrom
thomas@fjellstrom.ca