Re: KMail: MBox account via sftp -- supposed to work?

On Wednesday, 2014-03-05, 19:15:50, Michael Schuerig wrote:
> I'm looking for a way to monitor local mail notifications on my home
> server, ie the stuff cron jobs and daemons send to root and are
> forwarded to my user account there.
>
> I'm much in favor of a lightweight solution and I've stumbled upon the
> approach to create a KMail Mbox account via sftp:
>
>   sftp://michael@my-server:22/var/mail/michael
>
> This only sort of works. KMail (or the Akonadi resource behind it) read
> the mbox's content once, but doesn't appear to update it when new
> messages arrive.

There is no change notification over SFTP so you need to configure an interval
check.
Right click the folder, properties, retrieval (third tab, might be called
differently, translated back from German localisation which calls it "Abruf").

> I was only half expecting this to work and therefore am not overly
> surprised. Nevertheless, I'm wondering if this is *supposed* to work.

Yes, but I am not sure how well this is tested :-/

Cheers,
Kevin