Re: [OT] KDM No Longer In KDE ?!?

On Mon, 17 Feb 2014 10:27:42 -0600 yaro@marupa.net wrote:

> On Monday, February 17, 2014 04:13:11 PM Nick Boyce wrote:
>
> > In the latest KDE Commit-Digest
> >
> >   "KDM has been removed ... KDM goes the way of the Dodo."
> >
> > A quick bit of googling for such terms as "KDM removal [why]"
> > reveals nothing. Can anyone here enlighten me please ?
[...]
> http://www.thepowerbase.com/2013/03/plasma-workspaces-2-coming-to-wayland-kdm-not-invited/

Thanks, I guess that explains it ... well mostly ... I had thought that
Wayland was just an optional alternative to X for the major desktops for
a long time to come, but that article seems to state that it'll be
Wayland or nothing, sometime "soon".  Anyway, your link mentions the
replacements (which perhaps the KDE commit-digest might have done).

I have a lot of reading to do ....

Thanks again.

Nick
--