Re: virtuoso-t consuming 100% of four cores

Hello,

> Since I didn't receive a reply, I finally gave up and killed the process,
> with, apparently, no effect whatsoever other than that the computer became
> more responsive. I have no idea what purpose the process served, but it
> doesn't seem to have been very important.

For me it looks like a bug regarding the versions of akonadi and kmail. I had
kmail 4.11.3 together with akonadi 1.11.0 and my CPU was totaly consuming
100%.  I compiled and switched to kmail 4.12.1 and now it runs without
consuming 100%.

Maybe try to switch back to akonadi 1.10.X, if it fixes your problem

Regads,

sandro