Re: virtuoso-t consuming 100% of four cores

Shai Berger said the following at 01/29/2014 09:36 AM :
> On Wednesday 29 January 2014 18:27:15 D. R. Evans wrote:
>> For the last four days, virtuoso-t has been using very nearly 100% of four
>> cores on my main desktop machine.
>>
>> How do I find out what part of KDE is using all four cores to do
>> (apparently) nothing, so that I can turn it off, or reset it or do
>> something to stop it from consuming CPU cycles?
>>
> Probably still nepomuk -- it's indexing other things, not just files.
> In my case[1] it was email, but I think there's more.

Since I don't use kmail at all (never even configured it), is there a list
somewhere of other things that nepomuk might be trying to do so that I can
know whether killing the virtuoso-t process would be wise? It was bad enough
when it was consuming 100% of one core -- which seems to be its normal
behaviour -- but to consume 100% of all the cores on the machine seems pretty
ridiculous.

  Doc

--
Web:  http://www.sff.net/people/N7DR