Re: How to clean up Kontact calendar mess?

D. R. Evans said the following at 01/14/2014 03:21 PM :

> Now to go see if I can get calendars to work properly at last :-)

Well, I managed to get one calendar working OK. But there still seems to be
something screwy :-(

Although I can create and use a calendar inside Kontact, once I have done so,
any attempt to edit it (Kontact seems to use "edit" not to mean "edit the
calendar file" but, rather, "edit the settings for this calendar") produces an
error:
  cannot edit the calendar folder akonadi_ical_resource_8

If I try to find this "folder" (which I understand is what KDE calls a
directory) using "find" fails to find it:
  [HN:~] find . -name akonadi_ical_resource_8
  [HN:~]

Similarly, trying to delete a calendar produces:
  You cannot remove your standard calendar

This all looks like some kind of permissions problem, although I don't
understand how that can be, since I've been careful to add and use calendars
only as a normal user, and the permissions are certainly correct on the actual
underlying calendar ical files.

Is there somewhere a decent description of the relationship between calendar
"folders" -- such as the akonadi_ical_resource_8 folder mentioned above -- the
contents of such folders, and the actual calendar file? It all looks very
fragile to me, but maybe that's just because I don't understand the correct
relationship and things are still somehow incorrect on my system.

  Doc

--
Web:  http://www.sff.net/people/N7DR