Re: [wheezy] Nepomuk question

On Tuesday 10 December 2013 08:11:27 D. R. Evans wrote:
> KDE seems to be differentiating between enablement and the running state,
> but there's no hint anywhere I can find as to how to force it to actually
> run once it's enabled.

Reading your question again ... and it does seem normal behaviour.
The indexer is enabled, but unless you create a new file or update a file, the
indexer doesn't have to work ... it already did that.
Therefor the indexer can be enabled, but the service is not running.
To 'force' the indexer, create a new file or copy (for example) a bunch of files
to your home directory. The indexer service should start to do its work then.

HTH
--
GPG: 0x138E41915C7EFED6