Re: Can not get search result. Unable to create persistent search

Hi Rainer!

----- Ursprüngliche Mail -----
> Hello,
>
> when I start issuing a "Find messages", enter a search expression and then
> start search, I get an error message, saying
>
> 	Can not get search result. Unable to create persistent search
>
> Does anybody know what that is?
>
> That is nothing new, I did not use search before, because nepomuk indexing
> was
> too slow.

You need to have nepomuk mail indexing enabled for efficient mail search.

I didn't use KMail "Find messages" feature however, and read I think in
KDE feature plan or in some blog that Laurent just fixed it up in a very
recent KMail.

What works for me tough is: Alt-F2 and then enter some keywords from a mail.

krunner then quickly presents subjects of suitable mails and on click a
kmail window opens. The search is pretty fast and full text!

Ciao,
--
Martin Steigerwald - teamix GmbH - http://www.teamix.de
gpg: 19E3 8D42 896F D004 08AC A0CA 1E10 C593 0399 AE90