Re: Login failed, server replied: A000003 NO Maximum number of connections from user+IP exceeded ( mail_max_userip_connections )

Am Mittwoch 06.11.2013, 23:24:58 schrieb Rainer Dorsch:
> Hello,
>
> after upgrading from 4.10.5 to 4.11.2, I regularly get from kmail2 this
> message:
>
> The server for account "boko" refused the supplied username and password. Do
> you want to go to the settings, have another attempt at logging in, or do
> nothing?
>
> Login failed, server replied: A000003 NO Maximum number of connections from
> user+IP exceeded ( mail_max_userip_connections )
>

> Restarting dovecot on the server side fixes the problem. Does akonadi/kmail
> have some "connection leaks", i.e. is opening but not properly closing
> connections?

Shortly after I switched to KMail2, my university account was disabled with a
comment from the admin that my mail client was spamming connections (some
hundreds per second). Since then I don't trust KMail2 with my university email
anymore, so I don't know whether this still happens.

  --Reinhold