Re: KMail2 filter's duplicating messages, and other misc issues

On Wednesday 14 August 2013 01:08:35 Thomas Fjellstrom wrote:

> I have several pop accounts setup to filter messages into a large list
> of mailing list folders, and a bunch of messages are getting dup'ed.

Same here for filtering on IMAP accounts. I've moved most of my
filtering to the IMAP server, but I'm still doing additional local spam
filtering (using bogofilter). I always end up with duplicated messages
in my local spam folder.

> Other (minor) issues:
>
> 1. There's also long delays sometimes when selecting folders before
> the message list fills in. (I am actually quite impatient, so this
> actually annoys me quite a bit, but it really is a minor issue)
>

> 2. seems to be forgetting my passwords occasionally.

> 6. on laptop start up, kmail complains about waiting for a lock, and
> then exits.

I suspect these are both problems in the interaction with kwalletd.
Also, Nepomuk indexing seems to interfere with KMail startup. I've
disabled indexing and when KMail hangs on session start, I kill it as
well as kwalletd.

> 3. kmail is occasionally blocked from doing anything for long periods,
> with no real indication that it's doing much of anything.

This may be caused by kwalletd. For me, about once a day Akonadi or its
interaction with KMail gets wedged. In such a case, it helps to restart
the Akonadi server (-> Akonadi Console).

> 5. kmail crashes fairly regularly.

That's one thing that does *not* happen for me. However, I may be
preventing crashes as I have to restart KMail about twice daily for
other reasons.

Michael

--
Michael Schuerig