Re: PDF annotations with okular

On Sat, Jul 20, 2013 at 2:22 PM, Florian Kulzer
<debian-lists@florian-kulzer.eu> wrote:
> My guess is that we will have to wait until libpopper-qt4-4 et al. are
> introduced in Sid. I just tried to rebuild okular myself and that seems
> to work - Adobe Reader displays the annotations that I save with the
> recompiled okular. If you want to try it yourself:
>
> # aptitude build-dep okular
> # aptitude install libpoppler-dev/experimental libpoppler-qt4-dev/experimental
> # aptitude install libtiff5-dev libjpeg8-dev
> $ apt-get source okular
> $ cd okular-4.10.5/
> $ dch -l +annot
> $ dpkg-buildpackage -d -b -rfakeroot -us -uc
> $ cd ..
> # dpkg -i libokularcore2_4.10.5-1+annot1_amd64.deb okular_4.10.5-1+annot1_amd64.deb okular-extra-backends_4.10.5-1+annot1_amd64.deb
>
> (I am not sure if I dealt adequately with the complaints about the
>  missing build dependencies libtiff-dev and libjpeg-dev.)
>
> --
> Regards,            |
>           Florian   | http://www.florian-kulzer.eu

Yes, it is working now, thanks! I tried something similar, but I
missed the 'experimental' libpoppler-qt4-dev. It's a feature I was
waiting for a long time. With debian tools and packages it is very
simple to try. I will report here if I have any problem with this
version of the libpoppler.

(I used libtiff4-dev)

Facundo Aguilera