Nepomuk file indexing stuck in a loop

With the recent upgrade to KDE 4.10 in unstable, Nepomuk file indexing
has become somewhat troubled on my system. As far as I can tell,
indexing is stuck in a loop through about 10 files, in different
folders. The progress display is rather quick, but it seems that all
these files are PDFs and undamaged.

After the upgrade, I deleted the Nepomuk repository and by now I have
rebooted several times. In ~/.xsession-errors, the only messages that
seem vaguely relevant are about 5 of the form

akonadi_nepomuk_feeder(6556) ItemQueue::fetchJobResult: Not all items
were fetched:  2 3

I've already run nepomukcleaner, but with no effect.

Does anyone have an idea what might be going wrong and how to diagnose
it?

Michael

--
Michael Schuerig