Re: In the update to 4.10 ...

On Wednesday 17 Jul 2013, Sune Vuorela wrote:
> On 2013-07-17, David Goodenough <david.goodenough@btconnect.com> wrote:
> >  kdelibs-bin : Conflicts: kdelibs4c2a but 4:3.5.10.dfsg.1-5 is installed.
>
> Aha. you have kde3 kdelibs still installed. Apparantly apt has a bit of
> issues with the removal here. kdelibs4c2a is kde3 kdelibs and need sto
> be removed.
Sune,

Right, I removed kdelib24c2a and while it removed a few things I still use
on other machines (kcpuload, knetload and kdeprint), I guess there are new
alternatives (I think the kxxxload ones are replaces with new plasma
widgets?, but kdeprint - is there a proper KDE4 version of this yet?)

Removing this did allow apt-get dist-upgrade to do its job, and it now
only wants to remove kdepim-wizards and kdepim-groupware which as you
point out is expected.

Thank you

David