Re: In the update to 4.10 ...

On Wednesday 17 Jul 2013, Diederik de Haas wrote:
> On Wednesday 17 July 2013 11:46:49 David Goodenough wrote:
> > I did "apt-get update; apt-get -u upgrade" this morning, and they went
> > fine, but then when I tried apt-get -u dist-upgrade I get the output you
> > can see at http://pastebin.com/ZJUzP83h .
>
> Was that the full output?
> Because if you do 'aptitude full-upgrade', it would also list *WHY* those
> packages would be removed, which would help greatly in finding the problem
> and hence the solution.
OK, doing an aptitude full-upgrade I get:-

  kdesdk-thumbnailers{a} kio-audiocd{a} libakonadi-calendar4{a} libakonadi-
notes4{a} libanalitza4abi2{a} libanalitzagui4abi1{a}
  libanalitzaplot4{a} libcalendarsupport4{a} libeventviews4{a} libgrantlee-
core0{a} libgrantlee-gui0{a} libincidenceeditorsng4{a}
  libkactivities-models1{a} libkalarmcal2{a} libkasten2controllers2{a}
libkasten2core2{a} libkasten2gui2{a}
  libkasten2okteta1controllers1{a} libkasten2okteta1core1{a}
libkasten2okteta1gui1{a} libkcompactdisc4{a} libkdcraw22{a} libkdegames6{a}
  libkdepimdbusinterfaces4{a} libkdgantt2-0{a} libkexiv2-11{a} libkipi10{a}
libkmanagesieve4{a} libkmbox4{a} libksieveui4{a}
  libkwineffects1abi4{a} libkwinglutils1abi1{a} libkworkspace4abi2{a}
libmailcommon4{a} libmailimporter4{a} libmessagecomposer4{a}
  libmessageviewer4{a} libmusicbrainz5-0{a} libnepomukcore4{a}
libnepomukwidgets4{a} libokularcore2{a} libpimcommon4{a} libqjson0{a}
  libqoauth1{a} libshp1{a} libtelepathy-qt4-2{a} libtemplateparser4{a}
libwcs4{a} libxcb-damage0{a} nepomuk-core-data{a}
  nepomuk-core-runtime{a} picmi{a}
  akonadiconsole akregator amor ark blinken blogilo bomber bovo cantor cantor-
backend-kalgebra cervisia cvsservice dolphin dragonplayer
  filelight granatier gwenview jovie juk kaccessible kaddressbook kalarm
kalgebra kalgebra-common kalzium kamera kanagram kapman
  kapptemplate kate katepart katomic kbattleship kblackbox kblocks kbounce
kbreakout kbruch kcachegrind kcalc kcharselect kcolorchooser
  kde-baseapps kde-baseapps-bin kde-baseapps-data kde-config-cddb kde-runtime
kde-runtime-data kde-style-oxygen kde-window-manager
  kde-workspace kde-workspace-bin kde-workspace-data kde-workspace-kgreet-
plugins kdeadmin kdeartwork kdegames kdegraphics-mobipocket
  kdegraphics-thumbnailers kdelibs-bin{b} kdelibs5-data kdelibs5-plugins
kdelirc kdemultimedia-kio-plugins kdenetwork kdepasswd kdepim
  kdepim-kresources kdepim-runtime kdepim-strigi-plugins kdepimlibs-kio-
plugins kdeplasma-addons kdesdk kdesdk-kio-plugins kdesdk-misc
  kdetoys kdewebdev kdf kdiamond kdm kdoctools kfilereplace kfind kfourinline
kgamma kgeography kget kgoldrunner kgpg khangman
  khelpcenter4 kig kigo killbots kimagemapeditor kinfocenter kiriki kiten
kjots kjumpingcube kleopatra klettres klickety klines
  klinkstatus klipper kmag kmahjongg kmail kmenuedit kmines kmix kmousetool
kmouth kmplot kmtrace knetwalk knode knotes kolf kollision
  kolourpaint4 kommander kompare konq-plugins konqueror konqueror-nsplugins
konquest konsole konsolekalendar kontact kopete korganizer
  kpartloader kpat kppp krdc kremotecontrol kreversi krfb krosspython kruler
kscd kscreensaver kscreensaver-xsavers kshisen ksirk
  ksnapshot kspaceduel ksquares kstars ksudoku ksysguard ksysguardd ksystemlog
kteatime ktimer ktimetracker ktouch ktron ktuberling
  kturtle kubrick kuiviewer kuser kwalletmanager kwordquiz kwrite libakonadi-
contact4 libakonadi-kcal4 libakonadi-kde4 libakonadi-kmime4
  libkabc4 libkactivities-bin libkactivities6 libkateinterfaces4
libkatepartinterfaces4 libkblog4 libkcal4 libkcalcore4 libkcalutils4
  libkcddb4 libkcmutils4 libkde3support4 libkdeclarative5 libkdecore5
libkdepim4 libkdesu5 libkdeui5 libkdewebkit5 libkdnssd4
  libkemoticons4 libkephal4abi1 libkfile4 libkholidays4 libkhtml5
libkidletime4 libkimap4 libkimproxy4 libkio5 libkiten4abi1 libkjsapi4
  libkjsembed4 libkldap4 libkleo4 libkmahjongglib4 libkmediaplayer4 libkmime4
libknewstuff2-4 libknewstuff3-4 libknotifyconfig4 libkntlm4
  libkonq-common libkonq5abi1 libkonqsidebarplugin4a libkontactinterface4
libkopete4 libkparts4 libkpgp4 libkpimidentities4
  libkpimtextedit4 libkpimutils4 libkprintutils4 libkpty4 libkresources4
libkrosscore4 libkrossui4 libksane0 libkscreensaver5 libksgrd4
  libksieve4 libksignalplotter4 libktexteditor4 libktnef4 libkunitconversion4
libkutils4 libkxmlrpcclient4 libmailtransport4
  libmessagecore4 libmessagelist4 libmicroblog4 libnepomuk4 libnepomukquery4a
libnepomukutils4 libplasma-geolocation-interface4 libplasma3
  libplasmaclock4abi3 libplasmagenericshell4 libprocesscore4abi1
libprocessui4a libsmokekdecore4-3 libsmokekdeui4-3 libsmokekfile3
  libsmokekhtml3 libsmokekio3 libsmokeknewstuff2-3 libsmokeknewstuff3-3
libsmokekparts3 libsmokektexteditor3 libsmokekutils3
  libsmokenepomuk3 libsmokeplasma3 libsmokesolid3 libsolid4
libsolidcontrol4abi2 libsolidcontrolifaces4abi2 libsyndication4
  libtaskmanager4abi3 libthreadweaver4 libweather-ion6 lokalize lskat marble
marble-plugins mplayerthumbs okteta okular palapeli parley
  plasma-dataengines-addons plasma-dataengines-workspace plasma-desktop
plasma-netbook plasma-runners-addons
  plasma-scriptengine-javascript plasma-scriptengine-superkaramba plasma-
widget-folderview plasma-widget-lancelot plasma-widgets-addons
  plasma-widgets-workspace python-kde4 rocs ruby-kde4 ruby-plasma step svgpart
sweeper systemsettings umbrello
299 packages upgraded, 52 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
Need to get 181 MB of archives. After unpacking 65.2 MB will be freed.
 kdelibs-bin : Conflicts: kdelibs4c2a but 4:3.5.10.dfsg.1-5 is installed.
 kdepim-wizards : Depends: libkdepim4 (= 4:4.4.11.1+l10n-3+b1) but 4:4.10.5-1
is to be installed.
 kdepim-groupware : Depends: libkdepim4 (= 4:4.4.11.1+l10n-3+b1) but
4:4.10.5-1 is to be installed.
open: 45; closed: 161; defer: 41; conflict: 43
.The following actions will resolve these dependencies:

      Remove the following packages:
1)      artsbuilder
2)      atlantik
3)      atlantikdesigner
4)      dcoprss
5)      eyesapplet
6)      fifteenapplet
7)      kaboodle
8)      kandy
9)      kasteroids
10)     kbackgammon
11)     kboincspy
12)     kbstate
13)     kcpuload
14)     kdat
15)     kdeaddons-kfile-plugins
16)     kdeadmin-kfile-plugins
17)     kdegraphics-kfile-plugins
18)     kdelibs
19)     kdelibs4c2a
20)     kdemultimedia-kfile-plugins
21)     kdenetwork-kfile-plugins
22)     kdepim-groupware
23)     kdepim-kfile-plugins
24)     kdepim-wizards
25)     kdeprint
26)     kdict
27)     kdnssd
28)     kdvi
29)     kedit
30)     keduca
31)     kenolaba
32)     kfax
33)     kfaxview
34)     kfouleggs
35)     kghostview
36)     khexedit
37)     kiconedit
38)     kitchensync
39)     klaptopdaemon
40)     klatin
41)     kmid
42)     kmilo
43)     kmoon
44)     kmrml
45)     knetload
46)     kodo
47)     kooka
48)     kpager
49)     kpdf
50)     kpercentage
51)     kpf
52)     kpoker
53)     kpovmodeler
54)     kpowersave
55)     krec
56)     kregexpeditor
57)     ksayit
58)     ksig
59)     ksirc
60)     ksirtet
61)     ksmiletris
62)     ksnake
63)     ksniffer
64)     ksokoban
65)     ksvg
66)     ksync
67)     ksysv
68)     ktnef
69)     kuickshow
70)     kverbos
71)     kview
72)     kviewshell
73)     kvoctrain
74)     kwifimanager
75)     kwin4
76)     kworldclock
77)     libarts1-mpeglib
78)     libarts1-xine
79)     libkcal2b
80)     libkcddb1
81)     libkdeedu3
82)     libkdegames1
83)     libkdepim1a
84)     libkgantt0
85)     libkleopatra1
86)     libkmime2
87)     libkonq4
88)     libkpimexchange1
89)     libkpimidentities1
90)     libkscan1
91)     libksieve0
92)     libktnef1
93)     librss1
94)     mpeglib
95)     networkstatus
96)     noatun
97)     noatun-plugins

      Leave the following dependencies unresolved:
98)     libmarblewidget13 recommends marble-plugins (= 4:4.8.4-3)

Accept this solution? [Y/n/q/?]

I guess the problem is either the one just above listed as 98 or the
three conflicts in the middle:-

 kdelibs-bin : Conflicts: kdelibs4c2a but 4:3.5.10.dfsg.1-5 is installed.
 kdepim-wizards : Depends: libkdepim4 (= 4:4.4.11.1+l10n-3+b1) but 4:4.10.5-1
is to be installed.
 kdepim-groupware : Depends: libkdepim4 (= 4:4.4.11.1+l10n-3+b1) but
4:4.10.5-1 is to be installed

David