Re: Kde 4.10 in testing

On 16/07/2013 at 18:11, Erwan David <erwan@rail.eu.org> wrote:

> How can I upgrade swiftly ?

On my testing, this command will pull in newer KDE SC (whether it will
actually work is another question):

aptitiude -t sid install ~i?or(?tag(suite::kde), .*plasma.*, libk.*)

You have to install debtags package in order for it to work.

Last search query, libk.*, is for libkcrossui4, libknewstuff2-4 and few other
packages that are required, but has not been tagged as part of KDE SC. Of
course it might also install some packages whose name happen to start with
libk, but are not part of KDE, possibly leading to further conflicts or even
system breakage (most notable examples are kernel-related: libkmod2 and
libkms1). Use it with care.

Also, new kwin conflicts with kwin-style-dekorator; I had to remove the latter
before I could proceed.

To sum up: I do not give any guarantee that your system will still work after
executing above command. Use it at your own risk. Personally, I'm just waiting
for packages to migrate to testing.
--
Best regards
Mirosław Zalewski