Re: In the update to 4.10 ...

On Tuesday, 16 July, 2013 16:09:41 David Baron wrote:

On Tuesday, 16 July, 2013 13:37:16 David Goodenough wrote:

> On Tuesday 16 Jul 2013, Sune Vuorela wrote:

> > On 2013-07-16, David Goodenough <david.goodenough@btconnect.com> wrote:

> > > how many packages are expected to be removed. apt-get is telling me

> > > 213,

> > > including things like akregator that I use every day.

> > I would say like a handful plus some replacements (like libfoo6abi1

> > replaced by libfoo6abi2)

> > It might be that the mirror is slightly outdated or that the build

> > network just is catching up.

> > If the error still persist tomorrow, please tell your architecture and

> > exactly what apt is telling you.

> > /Sune

> This has been going on for a few days now, but I will check again tomorrow.

> The architecture is x86.

> If it is still a problem in the morning I will cut and paste the apt-get

> output and post it here.

> David

I have updated a couple of times from Sid without any problems (once restarted or rebooted). Had the siduction and some experimental packages installed before this, however.

Kmail remains flakey.

Yes, not the same David.

Now that kde4.10 is on Debian Sid, I am, thankfully, rid of the mix, now pure Debian Sid. I mention Siduction because haveing these might have avoided the upgrade problems reported by the original poster.