Thank you

Hi Debian-KDE maintainers,

First of all, I'd like to thank you very much for the way you've handled the
migration of KDE-PIM and, in particular, kmail2. Holding out for so long,
while other distros shipped the completely premature versions released since
KDE 4.6, must have been a tough call; I applaud you for making it, and for
standing by it as long as you have, until kmail2 began to look ready for
production. It was a saintly thing to do; you are all my heroes.

The version that made it into sid in the last day or so, still has some
problems -- relatively minor, compared to the problems experienced by many
with earlier version. I was almost surprised to see that, not only did all my
mails and accounts get imported properly into the new kmail, even my "unread"
marks were kept. Way to go.

There is one little stumbling block I ran into, that could easily be improved:
The upgrade failed to import any filters. After searching through the web, this
appears to be a common problem with a known solution -- export your filters
before the upgrade, import them back in after the upgrade. If the upgrade had
included a message about this, my upgrade would have been a little easier. As
things stand, I have another computer running testing, so I was able to take
my kmailrc there and export the filters post-upgrade, but if I didn't have
that, I might have needed to downgrade, export, and upgrade again, in order to
import.

Those of you who are more into mail may look in the headers of this message
and find it is sent from kmail1. I do still have problems sending mail from my
kmail2 installation (as well as other minor problems). I am sure they will all
be solved shortly, as this program is in use by several people; I did file a
bug about it, #716881. Others will follow as I find the time to deal with them.

But first, I just wanted to thank you all.

You rock,

	Shai.