Re: Creating Activities does not work anymore

Diane,

thanks for your reply.

On Sunday 14 April 2013 10:39:51 Diane Trout wrote:
> "Painter not active" sounds like its trying to render something and failing
> for some reason.
>
> So some guesses of what to try :
>
> Under system settings. configure desktop effects, advanced, could you try
> some different compositing type / qt graphics system settings? Mine is set
>
> Compositing Type: opengl
> Qt Graphics System: raster

same here.

> You might need something different.
>
> I'm not sure but It might be worth turning off some of desktop effects and
> trying as well.

I do not turn them on.

> Also it's probably worth checking to make sure kactivitymanagerd is running.
>
> ps auxw | grep kactivitymanager

Hmm....no, that is missing:

blackbox:/etc# apt-cache policy libkactivities-bin
libkactivities-bin:
  Installiert:           (keine)
  Installationskandidat: 4:4.8.4-1
  Versionstabelle:
     4:4.10.2-1 0
        200 http://ftp-stud.fht-esslingen.de/debian/ experimental/main i386
Packages
     4:4.9.5-0r0 0
        100 http://qt-kde.debian.net/debian/ experimental-snapshots/main i386
Packages
     4:4.8.4-1 0
        500 http://ftp-stud.fht-esslingen.de/debian/ wheezy/main i386 Packages
        300 http://ftp-stud.fht-esslingen.de/debian/ sid/main i386 Packages
blackbox:/etc#

blackbox:/etc# apt-cache policy kde-full
kde-full:
  Installiert:           5:78
  Installationskandidat: 5:78
  Versionstabelle:
 *** 5:78 0
        200 http://ftp-stud.fht-esslingen.de/debian/ experimental/main i386
Packages
        100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
     5:78~pre2 0
        100 http://qt-kde.debian.net/debian/ experimental-snapshots/main i386
Packages
     5:77+deb7u1 0
        300 http://ftp-stud.fht-esslingen.de/debian/ sid/main i386 Packages
     5:77 0
        500 http://ftp-stud.fht-esslingen.de/debian/ wheezy/main i386 Packages
blackbox:/etc#

Is it expected that I can have kde-full but miss the kactivitymanager?

Thanks,
Rainer

--
Rainer Dorsch