Re: KDE SC 4.10

On 18/04/13 22:32, Modestas Vainius wrote:
> Hello,
>
> On 2013 m. of April 18 d., Thursday 04:04:01 Julian wrote:
>> release cycle rigmarole even if obsolete by the time it comes out of
>> freeze and is burned to 100's of blurays...no one wants 4.8 anymore.
>
> You know there are many people who do not care (or does not know) about
> version at all. All they care about is that stuff just works (tm).

*These* people don't care either way then? So its a moot point.

And why wouldn't it "just work"?

Its a high level application that runs on, what rightly should be, a
well tested lower (dependency) levels of a stable core (debian base).

So it has a lot to be thankful for when it comes to stability *out of
the box* or are you saying 4.10 doesn't "just work?".

You know whats really amazing? 4.10 "just works better" than 4.8.

It still builds against qt 4.7 and "works for me".

Of course everything I'm saying goes against the current philosophy of
debian, there's only variants of one level, and its all in for stable.

Regards.
Jules.