Re: Back to KDEPIM 1 and KDE SC 4.8.4 due to repeated mail data loss

Am Mittwoch, 17. April 2013 schrieb Kevin Krammer:
> On Wednesday, 2013-04-17, Martin Steigerwald wrote:

> > > All caching is handled by Akonadi server, all content in file based
> > > resources, e.g. maildir resource, is not involved in any cache
> > > handling.
> >
> > Thanks Kevin, thats what I thought, but it is good to head a
> > confirmation.
> >
> > Andras mentioned that he is also using POP3 with Akonadi and he has no
> > data losses.
>
> It is also the main setup used by current KMail maintainer Laurent Montel
> AFAIK.

Thanks. So I know that it has quite some testing coverage. Makes it even
more strange why it lost data on my setup.

I still wonder whether others are using mutiple maildir resource or let all
the mails downloaded from POP3 flow into one maildir resource.

I asked András whether my setup was sane, but got no reply yet.