Re: KDE 4.10

On Tuesday 16 April 2013 12:59:13 Thorsten Glaser wrote:

> I seem to recall a recent upload that disabled that component
> anyway. In my current setup (still waiting for the groupware
> components, but mail and xkcd feeds work) the feeder component
> is disabled, and stuff still works.
>
> My system also says that Nepomuk is “not operational”, but
> installing virtuoso-minimal made the message that “the Soprano
> Virtuoso plugin is required” (or the virtuoso soprano plugin,
> don’t remember), which prevented kontact from starting at all,
> go away.
>
> bye,
> //mirabilos
Hello all,

I upgraded from wheezy / qt-experimental kde 4.9.5 to kde4.10 from
experimental by selecting the kde packages by hand in synaptic.

After that I installed kdepim 4.10 from ubuntu - raring. kmail was working
flawlessly with 3 imap accounts, contacts were delivered via akonadi resource
carddav and calendar data via akonadi resource caldav.

When the new experimental kdepim 4:4.10.2-1 packages were out, i upgraded to
the experimental packages. Every thing seems to work (mails, contacts,
calendar) EXCEPT SEARCHING (S) IN KMAIL which used to work in the ubuntu
version before the upgrade. I even could do searches for from Adresses only
entering the user name before the '@' sign which was not possible in kmail
4.9.5 (kdepim 4.9.5 from ubuntu quantal with qt-experimental).

So upstream searching in kmail IS working.

The Error message when trying a search is

"Can not get search result. Unable to create persistent search"

nepomuk is running, virtual tag folders in dolphin are working. I am sure that
there are no traces of libs or programs from ubuntu left.

What can I test?

Thank you for your attention.

ari