Re: KDE 4.10 (was Re: knode: trying to overwrite key.png, which is also in package libkpgp4)

On Monday, April 15, 2013 13:18:14 Sune Vuorela wrote:
> On 2013-04-15, Thorsten Glaser <tg@mirbsd.de> wrote:
> > Maybe kdepim should Depends virtuoso-minimal and either
> > depend on akonadi 1.9 or break akonadi < 1.9 ?
>
> At least something related to akonadi has already been committed to the
> git packaging repository. There is likely a few other rough ends here
> and there.  Is virtuoso-minimal a hard requirement for kdepim?

My understanding is that kmail2 needs nepomuk and akonadi to work, and its
Nepomuk that has a hard dependency on virtuoso. Akonadi is incompatible with
virtuoso and needs its own seperate dbm to work.

I think there was some wizard like capabilities built into kmail for
configuring mail.

Also I sometimes found akonadiconsole useful in trying to visualize the stack
of modules working to pull in PIM & mail data.

diane