Re: KDE SC 4.10

On 2013-04-05, Martin Steigerwald <Martin@lichtvoll.de> wrote:
> What was the reason for qt-kde.debian.net then? From the page:

Some people thinks experimental is hard. Other people dislike doing the
copyright-documentation that is required for the official archive. And
qt-kde.d.n also could allow people who isn't a DD/DM to put packages
there.

I think 1) is bogus. But note that experimental is also sometimes used
for stuff that is *experimental*.
2) is just a way to delay work that anyways needs to be done. so just
get it done.
and 3) I just think is a bad idea.

> So a goal can be to have experimental always be ready to accept new KDE SC
> packages? At what times wasn?t it? Does it have to do with the freeze? I
> always thought the freeze would only affect sid.

It is completely unrelated to the freeze.

> Well but then this discussion is out of scope here on the list, since it
> basically is a users mailing list.

Ack.

Oh. and note that what's in experimental now is still considered
experimental. so ensure you have backups ready if you install it.
And it is definately not ready for bug reports like 'you miss <foo>'.
Actual upgrade issues, like file overlaps and such - you are most
welcome to report those. But remember your backup.

And finally, if any newcomer wants to help on easy tasks (there is lots
of easy packages left), please contact me.

/Sune